BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The dance of my life!

This is not something I've experienced. I've only always imagined the situation. :D


I get into the room,
You stand there talking to a lady.
I feel a pang of jealously hit me,
I try to ignore and make things steady.

You turn around to give it a look,
I walk straight holding my calm.
You wink at me,
But inside you I can feel the storm.

There's a guy whom I know,
He comes around and kisses my hand.
I give a sweet smile,
'Cause I see you watching from where you stand.

I titter as he says something amusing.
Then he asks me for a dance, I agree.
In the middle of the crowd, we make our way.
I see you dance with the other lady.

Everyone adorned with flamboyance,
Dancing merrily on the song.
We switch partners and now,
Its YOU and ME along.

Our eyes met as we stood face to face.
The way you looked at me, made me go weak in my knee.
You held my hand and pulled me close.
Breath caught up in my throat, but, I still smile for you to see.

My heart skipped a beat,
As you whispered sweet something in my ear.
Before I gathered my senses,
From crowd we had disappeared.

It sure was 'the dance of my life'.
Embracing each other, we kissed.
Only thing for real to me were you.
The moment to last till eternity, I wished.


- Meghna Singh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats where poets like me burn our works..:P

roxy said...

....h3y....ya can really win oscar 4 yer lyrics.........ya ressemble vry much 2 avril.

Meghna Singh said...

Thanks, Roxy. Too big a compliment that is.